What It Takes
- Applicants are mature, stable individuals or couples that profess a relationship with Jesus Christ, and share our Christian values as outlined in our Statement of Faith and Guiding Principles, as well as, share our passion of helping kids and strengthening families. Parents will be expected to demonstrate their active Christian lifestyle and church involvement throughout the screening process, and must be willing to provide a reference from someone in their church leadership.
- Be a responsible, mature, healthy adult, 25 to 70 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have NO history of abusing or neglecting children.
- Have no recent or significant criminal history.
- Not have been married, divorced, or widowed during the past 12 months.
- Have financial stability and be able to support yourself and your family without relying of the foster care reimbursement.
- Agree to follow our policy of no physical discipline.
- Have a driver’s license, auto insurance and dependable transportation.
- Have an extra bedroom of adequate size for a child.
- Be a legal resident of the U.S.
- Be able to pass home safety and fire inspections.