Arrow Child & Family Ministries Diagnostic Center (Baltimore, Maryland) is a 90-day (short-term) residential program for boys and girls, ages 12 through 18, who are in need of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary assessment to assist with future placement, treatment and education planning.
The Love Unit is a residential facility for up to 18 girls.
The Mack Unit is a residential facility for up to 24 boys.
Both the Love and Mack Units are located on our Cromwell Bridge campus. Each is staffed with caring, supportive professionals and feature:
- Structured, home-like environment
- Care and activities provided by licensed mental health professionals, a nurse, psychiatrist, psychologist, teachers, admissions coordinator, and skilled residential counselors
- 90-day stay provides healthy and positive interactions with staff and other youth
- Children experience a sense of safety and stability
- Group and individual therapy address needs such as family dynamics, sexuality, substance abuse and violence
- Children are provided with positive outlets for emotions through music lessons, arts and crafts, field trips and sports.
- Children receive academic instruction in full-day classroom settings, taught by special education teachers. Special attention is paid to a child's deficits, due to time lapses in school attendance. Educational testing and assessment is also provided.
- Treatment Specialists work closely with each resident, their parent(s)/guardian(s) and referring agency to assure the development of an effective, detailed treatment plan.