There are many ways your church can make a difference in the life of a child rescued from abuse or neglect and the family that serves them. Here are just a few ideas for starters:
- Provide practical help to foster families in your church: transport kids to appointments, provide babysitting, do a group house cleaning and yard work, provide a meal when a new foster child arrives at their home, etc.
- Help us communicate the need for foster families, especially on “Orphan Sunday” and “Sanctity of Human Life Sunday”, during Foster Care Awareness Month (May), and Adopton Month
- Provide support groups and relief care opportunities to foster/adopt families in your own church
- Host a parent training for our prospective foster parents and invite your members to join us since much of the material would benefit any parent
- Invite our foster care staff to share about the need for more foster families.
- Include a link on your website to www.arrow.org/meeting for opportunities to attend a live webinar to learn about foster care
- Include foster care information on a pre-service slide or in a worship handout
- Sponsor a Christmas, End of School, Foster Parent Appreciation, etc. event
- Pray for the many foster kids who don’t have a family because there aren’t enough