We look forward to seeing you, learning about your family, and interacting with you in class participation.
Below we have included some tips/requirements to help make our class a success.
- Attendees are required to use the video feature on Zoom. Please ensure we can see all attendees on the screen to help us gauge participation and award credit for the training.
- Timeliness is important, if you are more than 15 minutes late you will NOT be admitted into the virtual class. You also must be on the training for the entirety of the class to receive credit.
- Class participation is key and we want to hear from you. Depending on the size of the class we will utilize the chat box or if the class is small enough, will allow participants to un-mute and ask questions.
- When not speaking, please mute your audio.
- For couples: Only individuals attending class will get credit for the class. You may not get credit for your partner and your partner may not get credit for you.
- We adore kids but like our in person classes, children are not allowed in our virtual classes. Some of the content covered in class is sensitive and mature in nature. In addition, children can be a distraction to you and other participants while learning. Please plan accordingly to ensure you are able to stay engaged.
- Virtual trainings must be treated the same as in person classroom trainings. Please refrain from watching television, working, being in the car/traveling, having conversations etc. during class. The material presented is valuable in setting you up for success as a foster parent. You must be fully engaged and in a conducive learning environment.
- If something comes up prior to or during class and you cannot attend, you can find all of our future classes at https://www.arrow.org/foster-care/texas-training/
- The trainer will admit you into the virtual classroom at the start of class. We encourage you to test the link prior to class to ensure you are able to access Zoom and avoid technical difficulty. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will not be admitted into the class.
- During class, you must complete the sign in sheet or you will not receive credit for the class. Instructions on how to complete it will be given during class. If you have trouble, please stay on Zoom at the end of class and the trainer will collect your information.
- You will have the best experience and be able to utilize all features from a computer. If you do not have access to a computer and use a mobile device instead, please stay on the line at the end of class to ensure you have been counted and given credit for the training.